Monday 16 May 2011

Habitus

After flawlessly executing some middle-of-the-range live painting for the Bobby Goldsmith Foundation in August 2010, in which I actually managed to devalued a piece of furniture instead of increasing its value (Sorry Kartell), I was for some reason approached to do some painting for a Home Living and Design magazine called Habitus. The theme of the shoot was colour, I was told i'd be painting on an inside wall, and there would be some furniture in front of me. It wasn't until I arrived on the day that I discovered that the wall I was painting was rough whitewashed brick which ended up eating through the tips of my poscas, and the furniture that was to be displayed in front of my finished piece was a $15,000 chair.

 
Progress shots from throughout the day
























































































The The finished wall, complete with Cappellini Proust Armchair, side table with stuff on it and an awesome Troy Emery sculpture






































And finally, as it appeared in Issue 11, April - June of Habitus



The issue should still be on sale for a little while longer at all good bookstores, newsagents and back alley design magazine peddlers, so you may still be able to get your hands on one, if not there's always the back catalogue if you get in too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment