Friday 1 July 2011

Jurassic Lounge Lizards

When I was a kid I was obsessed with Dinosaurs, hell I still think they're pretty cool even now, so when I was asked to paint at something called Jurassic Lounge at the Australian Museum in Sydney, I jumped at the opportunity. Jurassic Lounge was an amazing event which featured everything from live music and tattooing, to giant dinosaurs walking around, live animation and live art, which is where I came in. So I painted in the second week, bringing along a big box of posca markers, and a blacklight pen for some sneaky details and everything went well.

Photos were a bit tricky given the length of the panel and it's location in the room, but you get a good idea



























After a successful night of live painting, I was invited back again for the final night. I couldn't use the blacklight pen again, so to make it a little different from a normal live paint I made some white stickers to stick onto the work and paint over for that something extra, which could be seen from particular angled but were virtually indistinguishable when viewed straight on, but can be see in the following pictures.




















The first round of Jurassic Lounge has long since finished, but don't stress because Round 2 is in the pipeline and it looks to be bigger and better than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment